|M‑16||AK 74||M‑4||SCAR||FN 2000||Metal Storm|
"Legendary assault rifle - cheap looks, but trusty firepower."
|☣ Weapon Statistics ☣|
|Damage||84 (on purchase - Mk 4)|
5,376 (fully upgraded - Mk 10)
|Rate of fire|
|Gunsmith level||Tech level 8 (Blueprint) Gunsmith level 4 (to build)|
|Blueprints||- Given to players who made a contribution to the liberation of Abuja (No longer available)|
- After the X-mas update only 1 Blueprint is needed
126 to instantly build
The AK 74 could be unlocked after contributing to the Resistance battle in Abuja in the Africa city liberation campaign and it requires Gunsmith level 4 to be built. Later, it becomes available in the 2014 Christmas update.
The AK 74 is a successor of sorts to the AK 47 from the original game. It is a fully automatic assault rifle, and one with great potential. The gun is able to bridge the gap between assault rifles and SMGs, having both the high fire rate of SMGs, and accuracy and range of assault rifles. Its red dot sight allows easy and precise aiming. It is similar to its Dead Trigger counterpart in almost every way, except for the model and the additional red dot sight. Even farther down the road when the Zombies get stronger, the AK 74 is still a very capable weapon in the right hands.
Pros & Cons Edit
|High rate of fire, fair damage, good range|
- Players could only get this weapon's blueprint by helping to free the city of Abuja in Nigeria, Africa, during Christmas 2014 or having a Tech Level of 8 for the blueprint to spawn or pay 750 Gold in order to complete. This makes the AK 74 the rarest weapon in the game.
- The stock is not present in-game.
- It uses the same sounds as the AK 47.
- There is a different variation of the AK-74: The Golden AK-74, which was available in the Easter update for a limited time.
- Despite being named as "AK 74", this weapon is actually based on the AKS 74U, the carbine variant of the full-size AK 74 assault rifle.