Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Crossbow||Grenade Launcher||Rocket Launcher||Area‑51 Gun|
"Time to go hunting! Just make sure your trophy is really dead before hanging it on the wall."
|Crossbow (Dead Trigger 2)|
|☣ Weapon Statistics ☣|
|Damage||96 (on purchase - Mk 4)|
6,144 (fully upgraded - Mk 10)
|Rate of fire|
|Fire mode||4-round burst|
|Gunsmith level||Tech level 2 (blueprint reveal)|
Gunsmith level 4 (to build)
107 to instantly build
The Crossbow is a weapon that fires bolts in a burst of four. It fairs very well when used early on, and does exceptional work against groups of Zombies. It is one of the four Exotic weapons in Dead Trigger 2 and one of the few burst fire weapons in the game. Once the "trigger" is pulled, it automatically fires four piercing bolts. It must be aimed higher to hit long range targets. Against special Zombies, it does significant damage, usually taking less than a drum to force a Panzer to expose its weak spot, and is weak against the Rager's chest, pinging off and resulting in low damage, however when fired upon his exposed back, the damage is significantly increased.
It is ideal as a secondary weapon, as its attributes are designed for groups of enemies, but not for single targets. Though its quad-burst firemode can be a nuisance, it is made up for by having a piercing ability that can penetrate through as many zombies as the player can line up and it can pierce infinitely until the bolt hits an obstacle. The piercing ability is maximized when funneling zombies into a straight line, however its low accuracy may miss the ones further away.
Pros & Cons Edit
|Bolts pierce through enemies, no accuracy loss when moving or shooting, fair damage|
|Low accuracy, bolts drop over distance, burst fire may lead to ammo wasting|
- It is one of three golden weapons in Dead Trigger 2, the others being the AK 74 and Desert Eagle.
- The Crossbow has two griffins on its horizontal limbs.
- It has a crucifix on it's right limb, likely a means to repel the "unholy". Strangely, the crucifix appears on the left side in the menu.
- Also on the crucifix, there are three rubies: the one on the top is gold, and the two on the arms are red.
- It has the exact same model as its predecessor, but it is reskinned and has the crucifix.
- Before the version 0.4.0 (January 2014 update), the Crossbow used to have 16 bolts in its clip, 90 in reserve and receive 8-17 bolts upon ammo pickup.